Sunday, March 1, 2009

Serving the Lord


Perhaps it's been long enough now that I can write. Nearly a month ago now, Daniel was set apart as a full-time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This is something that we have anticipated and prepared for since he was born. I don't know that I have ever met a better prepared Elder. (We did have to do a button sewing lesson in the hotel the night before he entered the MTC). Daniel will be a fabulous missionary. I am inspired by his obedience, his testimony, and his love of God. These next two years should be filled with life-changing moments for all of us. Right now, we are waiting patiently to hear about his first area of service and his companion. The Field Is White. Go Harvest!

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Yeah Daniel! Can't wait to hear how he's doing.

The Legg Fam said...

I can't belive you have not heard from his M.Pres yet. I am sure he is fine. We love praying for he and Dalin.
Love ya,
Cork

Lauralee said...

Saw on facebook that you have finally heard from Daniel's mission president. Praise heaven!

When my brother and I were on our missions at the same time we always used to sign our letters to each other with Sweet is the work, baby! I haven't thought about that for years but The field is white. Go harvest! reminded me again. You are a strong woman, Laurie Nelson and I love you!