Saturday, April 12, 2008

Where Has The Time Gone?


This is my first installment of FLASHBACK FRIDAY (just a few hours late). I figured it would be fitting to post this picture of Carrie and myself from way-back-when.

You see--Carrie has just celebrated a significant birthday and for her gift she and I are going on a road trip to San Diego. She has Spring Break off this next week and we are headed to the sunshine. It has been a long winter and the sun will be a welcome break. (That's Carrie in the picture pointing toward San Diego.)

So here's some history. I was born and then two years later my brother was born and then two years after that another brother was born and I prayed and prayed that my next sibling would be a long awaited sister. On April 1st, 1968 my Dad called from the hospital and when I answered he said, "You have a new baby sister." I responded by saying, "April Fool's". There was no way possible that I was going to fall for Dad's cruel joke. He however tried as convincingly as possible to let me know that he was serious. I did in fact have a baby sister (born March 31st) and I am the luckiest girl in the world. My prayers were answered. Happy Birthday, Sis!

7 comments:

Bridget said...

Cute photo of you two! I never knew that story of you wanting a baby sister and getting that phone call from the hospital. Have a fabulous time on your trip!

JeNeale said...

Echo that! Happy Birthday, Carrie! I wish I were going to be on the trip with you both. Have a great time!

Lynette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynette said...

Cute pic!!! Carrie hasn't changed a bit! You on the other hand...need to rethink the hairstyle you currently have...I LOVE the square bangs!!!!

Have a GREAT time in San Diego. And please think of me whilst you are there....basking in the sunshine!!! Please think of me...and how sad you are that I have indeed never in my lifetime been to California...and I am not even joking! Pretty pathetic huh!!!

Please wave at your sweet missionary's current residence from us...as you drive by!!!

Love ya girl!

Becca said...

WHY DID YOU NOT TAKE ME! I thought I was your favorite daughter! Fine, I'm moving out! JK JK JK! I would never do that! Or would I ! Definitely not! Love you! Becca

Marisa said...

Laurie,
Love the picture! My sister had the *very* same hair cut. I'm so glad you got your little sister. Have fun on your trip!

Jay Hill said...

My siblings were lucky to get me too, Laurie.

Have a great time in San Diego. Wish I were doing a road trip. Only 3 weeks left of the semester. Hallelujah!