Sunday, March 23, 2008

I Stand All Amazed


The most wonderful thing happened at church today. The young man assigned to bring the bread for the Sacrament wasn't at church. The Teacher's Quorum President and his mom left to get bread but the roads leading to their house are closed because of construction which meant that there was extra time to prepare for the Sacrament. We sang "There Is A Greenhill Far Away" and then we sang "I Stand All Amazed". During the last verse, the bread arrived. It was decided that we would sing "I Stand All Amazed" again as the Sacrament was prepared. Never before have the words to that song been so powerful. I will count this Easter Sunday as one of my most treasured. I bear testimony that Jesus Christ lives and that because of his atoning sacrifice I will live again. And because of his atoning sacrifice, imperfect and weak as I am, I can be made whole.

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Well said!!! It was a pretty moving experience. Once I got past Sister Conner totally overriding the Bishop and continuing to sing...it was a pretty strong spirit! I have heard from MANY people that had pretty moving experiences as we spent "extra" time preparing for the sacrament today!!!

Bridget said...

That is one of my very favorite hymns. Sounds like a great Easter Sunday. We love you and miss you. My kids have been asking for the past few days when we can go see Becca, Ben and Daniel. It's been too long.

Laurie Nelson said...

It felt a bit weird to spend Easter without you guys. We would love to have you come whenever you can. We love and miss you too.

Marisa said...

What a neat experience. I love the hymns...what a great way to spend extra time on Easter Sunday.

Happy Easter!