Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sister by another Mother

One of the difficult realizations when a hysterectomy was needed was that Becca would be the lone girl in our family. I worried most that being the youngest she would have no way to learn how to be a mom. Gratefully, my best friend, JeNeale decided to help the situation and have a little one for Becca to practice on.



We have watched Jensen grow and love her like she is one of our family. She turned 5 this past week. My how the time has flown. It seems like just yesterday that her mom called me from the hospital to let me know that she had arrived. I am not partial in any way, but I think she is pretty great.

We got to babysit her tonight for a few hours while the rest of her family was at mutual. Becca made her a peanut butter sandwich for dinner and then entertained Jensen for over an hour "coloring" pictures at the computer for every member of both families. Becca neatly wrote each individual's name for Jensen to follow so that she could address each picture to the person she had designed it for. They put them into envelopes and Jensen wrote everyone's name on them ready for personal delivery.

As I watched them together, I realized that my prayers had been answered. Becca will be a terrific mom. Thanks Jensen for letting her practice on you all these years. Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Bridget said...

go Becca! I would have to agree, she is a great babysitter. She makes coming to visit you relaxing for me.

JeNeale said...

Thanks for giving Jensen a second home. She loves you and your family and loves hanging out with Becca.