Monday, January 28, 2008

Man of God


I had one of those experiences that stays with you for life last night when I heard that President Hinckley had passed away. My initial feeling was one of such grief and loss that it hurt to the core. That feeling was followed just as quickly by one of gratitude.

How blessed I have been to have known such a man of God, a Prophet of God. I don't know him personally but I feel as if I have lost a friend. Through the years it has seemed as he has spoken to me as I have heard his counsel and have felt the spirit confirm to me that he was speaking the truth.

I will miss him. The memory of his sweet, simple, optimistic attitude will stay with me.

Throughout the day I have wondered on what is happening in the spirit world today. The world has lost a mighty man of God but Heaven has reclaimed one of its own.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Well said!!! After I got over the sadness I felt alot the same as you...and my first happy thought about his passing was this...

He finally was able to meet the Prophet Joseph Smith.

Bridget said...

It is strange to think of the church without him. He has been in church leadership for so long, I kind of forgot the fact that he can die. He will be greatly missed.