Saturday, September 15, 2007

Thanks Guys!


I am once again the band booster president at the high school. The other day, I was at the school fitting marching uniforms on more kids. Both Ben and Daniel came into the music suite for class. I called out to them to say "hi". Daniel called back and came to see what I was up to.

Ben just kept walking. Being the curious mom that I am, I went to him to find out how his day was going. No eye contact. Evasive answers.

"Daniel, could you see if you can talk to Ben and figure out what's up?" "He seems to be avoiding me."

"Okay, mom." "I will see what I can do."

A bit later I had to go to the administrative offices and walked through the commons area where there was a sea of kids sitting not so quietly eating lunch. Over the din of enthusiastic chatter I heard Daniel call out.

"I love you, Mom." "I love you too, Daniel."

"I love you, Mom." "Thanks Ben!" "I love you too."

Thanks guys! I guess we're okay.

2 comments:

Bridget said...

You're a great mom LP. Clearly your kids know that.

Lynette said...

Kids!!!

You will be GREAT! The band boosters are very lucky to have you indeed!!! You will be a busy Mom!

Your kids are lucky too!!!

And so am I!!! wink wink...nudge nudge!!!