Sunday, June 17, 2007

Man of God


I received a call from a member of the bishopric last night at about 9:00 PM asking me to speak in church today. He asked me to speak on the influence my father had been in my life and how he honored his priesthood.

After I got off the phone Ben said, "Well that should be easy." Nothing could be truer. I could speak for hours about my dad.

Since my assignment was to say something of value to the entire congregation, I chose to focus on how the life my dad has led has made it possible for me to know and believe in a loving Heavenly Father. I know of no greater man of God than my dad. I only wish that every kid in the world could have him as a dad.

I love you. Happy Father's day.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Your talk was GREAT!!! I was glad to know your Dad...so I could agree with all those wonderful things you said about him!!! You did a very fine job...in spite of being called at the last minute!!!

You go girl!!!

Bridget said...

Wish I could have heard the talk. Can we get a copy via email? That's a very nice tribute to him. Definitely keep that in your book 'o keepsakes.