Thursday, June 26, 2008

He's Home!


Steven was all smiles at the airport and it was wonderful to see him. The flight came in a bit early so I had to whip out my camera and take a quick shot but gratefully it turned out. He spent some time greeting everyone at the airport and then we went to get pronto pups for dinner since he was starving. From the airport we went to the Verizon store to get him a new cell phone and then on to the Stake President's house. He came out from the house holding his name badges in his hand. He said later that it felt weird not to be a missionary anymore Daniel has him all scheduled out though. Last night they went together to institute. They went afterward with some of Steven's friends to get ice cream. Steven is out tonight celebrating a friend's birthday. He seems to be getting back into the swing of things. It sure is great to be able to yell up the stairs and hear him call back to me. We are glad to have him home.

5 comments:

Lynette said...

Good looking missionary!!! I bet it feels sooo good to have him home!!!

Bridget said...

yeah for Steven!!! I am so glad you did this post so I could see him. I've been thinking about you guys all day and happy that you get to be together. Can't wait to see him and all of you next week!

Lynette said...

sooo....me again...did we not get a family picture of you guys without Mitch in the background??? I think he would rather be a part of your family!!!

What a punk!!!

Anonymous said...

that is a really good pic of steven coming out of the gates!! I hope you guys are having a good time with your reture missanary!!!!

JeNeale said...

Having had to put up with you for the last two years, I think I can say that I, most of all, am glad your son is finally home! ;) You know I'm kidding. It has been a blast talking with Steven and realizing how he has matured, and seeing you with him has made the next two and half years look almost bearable for me! Love you!