Monday, October 22, 2007

Culinary Master

Yesterday at church the missionaries came up and reminded me that they would be eating at our house that night.

I had been gone ALL day Saturday doing band stuff. I got home late Saturday night, frozen and so sore that I feel asleep sitting up in bed with a blanket wrapped completely around my body and head. Needless to say, I hadn't gone grocery shopping.

My plan for Sunday dinner --- fend for yourself. I had meetings. Brent had meetings. It's not like the kids are two and would starve.

That plan changed quickly as I looked into the eyes of the elders and saw my own son miles and miles away depending on someone else for Sunday dinner. When I arrived home from church meetings I stood in the pantry waiting for inspiration. I then went to the computer and found a recipe on the food network site for parmesan chicken strips that sounded tasty and I happened to have the ingredients for, so that was the main course plan.

Here's the real reason for this post. I had a spaghetti squash that I had purchased a few weeks ago that I decided to cook up for our meal. I asked Daniel to cut it in half, gut it, and put the squash strands in a bowl for serving. He did that and then asked,

"Hey, mom. Would it be okay if I were to melt some butter and add some honey and cinnamon and pour it over the squash?"

It was fabulous! Looks like he has been inspired by his uncles and is on his way to becoming a culinary master.

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Wow...that is truly impressive!!! Not only is he brilliant, musically talented and has stunning good looks...he is on his way to becoming a culinary genius!!! Some kids are sooo lucky!!!

Sounds like your meal was delish!

Us...not so lucky....could not figure out why I had a headache at 10 o'clock last night...then it dawned on me. Maybe cuz all I had eaten all day was a handful of chips, a caffiene free diet coke, and a piece of cheese! Maybe not the best food choices at our house either!

Sigh.....

Lynette said...

edited to add...

Ok....so I knew I was forgetting about something I had eaten yesterday! Silly me!!! In addition to the delightful things I partook of yesterday. I best of all....chocolate pudding...that was our FHE snack! How could I forget that!!!

No wonder I had a headache!!!

Bridget said...

Go Daniel!!! That is awesome. Nathan would be proud. Of course Rick would be too. I guess I'll speak for him.